Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

School is closed. Why? I'm not sure. I was expecting snow up to my hips this morning, but we only have 4 or 5 inches of snow, which in Rochester, New York, is nothing.

So that means all three boys will be home with me today. That's Day #2 of cabin fever with three kids under the age of 6.

I was watching the movie "About a Boy" the other night and Hugh Grant's character was talking about increments of time. Everything can be measured in 30 minute units - bath: 1 unit, movie: 3 units. Because thinking about time in larger chunks can be too daunting. So that is what I will try today.

Breakfast: 1 unit
Spongbob episode: 1 unit
Getting dressed and brushing teeth: 1 unit
Arts and crafts activity: 1 unit

Perhaps when the roads have cleared, we can go out for a little while, maybe to the grocery store and get some baking supplies. Baking cookies makes the house smell great and its at least 2 units of time!

Back to school tomorrow. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment