Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Been So Long!

Gah, I just realize that it's been over a month since my last post! What have we been up to? Let's see...

1) Finished up with the summer craziness. I don't know if it's just us or all families have this problem, but summer kicks my ass! With three kids and different activities, I was driving kids here and there and everywhere, making sure Em was getting to all of his therapies and prepping kids for school.

2) The last week of summer, Chris took off from work and we spent three days hanging with the kids, going to the water park, the zoo, the playground, going to school orientation days, and just playing around. And then --

3) Chris and I got away for three days BY OURSELVES! We dropped the kids off with Chris' parents and flew down to Orlando for a few days or rest and relaxation. We went out to dinners, napped in the middle of the day, and rode roller coasters like crazy kids. It was wonderful - we had a great time but I missed the kids like crazy too.

4) Kids started school two days after we got back.

a) Sebastian had a hard time transitioning to all-day school. For the first two weeks, he would come home and cry for no reason. I'd ask him why he was upset and he would say, "I DON'T KNOW!" But he seems to be getting over the inital shock and getting into the routine of things and is really enjoying it.

b) Tristan eased into 2nd grade without too much trouble. BUT -- because of his disability, he's having some trouble focusing in class and keeping on task. I'm working with the teachers to set up a reward system for staying on task during lessons, so we'll see how that goes...

c) Little Em started preschool and he LOVES it. We kept him in the same school where he went to Developmental Group, so he feels like the big kid, showing the new kids around. I was worried that because of his speech apraxia, he would be lost with all of the typical kids, but because he's so comfortable with the class, he seems to be holding his own with the other children.

5) Tristan, Sebastian and I all had our September birthdays. The boys had a great Star Wars party with Darth Vader cupcakes and they got lots of cool boy toys like Hex Bugs, lightsabers, and Legos. I had a quiet birthday - shopping with my Mom (without kids, what a treat!), lunch with Mom and Em, relaxation time during afternoon nap, dinner with the fam, and then I saw "Jane's Journey" in the evening.

OK. Time for bed, more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment